The Plastic Surgery Match is competitive
- 36% of applicants ranking Plastic Surgery as their first or only choice DO NOT MATCH
- The average integrated plastic surgery program receives 196 applications, interviews 32, for only 2 positions That's 100 applicants PER position.
- 33% of applications are summarily rejected. 70% receive an “in-depth” review
- In 2017, there were only 159 positions offered nationally in Plastic Surgery (compared to 727 in Orthopedics and 305 ENT/otolaryngology)
These are sobering statistics. Plastic surgery has been, and continues to be, among the most competitive specialties.
Your application must stand out. We're here to help.
Who we are:
We are a group of residents and fellows at some of the top integrated and independent plastic surgery programs in the U.S. We recognized that there is no central source for unbiased advice on how to navigate the application, interview, and matching process in plastic surgery. So we are building it.
What we offer:
We have information for medical students, residents, Integrated and Independent applicants, as well as matched residents making the transition to residency. Use the links at left to peruse the site. As we grow we'll update the site with more information on securing your finances, insurance, investing, and other ways to avoid common mistakes early in your careers.
- Looking to make some extra cash? Need a side hustle? Head over to our Money, Finance, and Investing page for ideas.
- We've recently updated the website with the latest 2017 Match statistics from the ACGME and NRMP.
If you're a frequent visitor, don't forget to refresh your browser. We don't want you to miss updates.
Last updated March 22, 2018
Hosted by iPage.
Disclosure: we love our web host (seriously) and, however unlikely, we may receive compensation for saying so.